Objective of treatment:
- The aim of the operation operation is to deliver the correct copy of the ASPA gene to the brain, which is responsible for the production of the enzyme aspartoacylase, which in turn is responsible for the metabolism of NAA to the safe components aspartame and acetate.
- We beleive in the regression or stabilization of NAA (N-acetyl-aspartate – the second most concentrated molecule in the brain)
1. Before the operation, the patient undergoes an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) examination, which the doctor uses to determine the location of the catheter injection, which is used to inject the vector into the brain.
2. Surgery to deliver a genetic vector to the brain.
3. Post-operative monitoring, further tests and evaluations of the operation.
Treatment is not age-limited, but THE SOON LIVINKA IS TAKING TREATMENT, THE BETTER THE CHANGE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL.